According to Iamaccepted.com, Pavlovsky Posad stands on the banks of the Klyazma River, 70 km east of Moscow. The city was formed in 1845 by the merger of several villages – Pavlovo, Zakharovo, Dubrovo and Melenki. The village of Pavlovo, which gave the city its name, was first mentioned in 1328. Local residents were engaged in trade and handicraft. By the 19th century, weaving became the main occupation of the Pavlovians. Pavlovo-Posad shawls and shawls were famous all over Russia. The first shawl factory was founded here in 1812, and by the middle of the 19th century the village became a major center of the textile industry.
In Pavlovsky Posad, many buildings of textile factories and religious buildings of the 19th century have been preserved. In the northern part of the city stands the Pokrovsky-Vasilyevsky Monastery. It was erected at the end of the 19th century. In its cathedral church in honor of the Intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos, made in the Byzantine style, the relics of the holy righteous Basil of Pavlovo Posadsky (the patron of the city) are kept. In the center of Pavlovsky Posad, on the banks of the Vokhna River, a lonely bell tower rises. This is all that remains of the Resurrection Cathedral, known since the 17th century. On the fourth tier of the Empire bell tower there is a striking clock, and next to it there is a stone column-chapel, which marks the place where the altar of the original wooden church was located. Of the churches of the 20th century in the city, the Church of the Resurrection of the Lord, built in 1908 on the left bank of the Klyazma River, and the Church of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God of the early 20th century stand out.
Of greatest interest in Pavlovsky Posad is the original, one-of-a-kind Museum of the History of the Russian Scarf and Shawl. It is housed in the building of the Palace of Culture of the Pavlovo-Pokrovskaya Factory. Here is a private collection of scarves, shawls, women’s hats and household items of the 18th-20th centuries. In the expositions of the museum you can see unique scarves of gold embroidery, Nizhny Novgorod scarves made of silk taffeta, woolen printed and woven scarves and shawls of various famous manufactories of Moscow and the central provinces of Russia, cotton print scarves of the Vladimir province, as well as commemorative scarves woven in honor of the most important historical events of the Russian states.
In Pavlovsky Posad the Museum of Local Lore was opened, which presents a historical and local history exposition about the city, handicrafts and the development of the textile industry of the region. In addition, the museum created an exposition dedicated to the life and work of a native of the city, actor V.V. Tikhonov.
South of the city, the village of Rakhmanovo with the Catherine Church (1906), the village of Novoe Zagarye, which once belonged to an associate of Peter I Alexei Alexandrovich Kurbatov, who built the Church of the Assumption here, and the village of Averkievo, where the Trinity Church of the early 20th century is located, are of interest.
Pevek, Chukotka Autonomous Okrug (Russia)
Pevek is located on the coast of the Chaunskaya Bay in the Chaunsky District of the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug. This place is known for the fact that in the period from 1951 to 1953 there were Soviet forced labor camps Chaunlag and Chaunchukotlag. Today, the Chaunsky Regional Museum of Local Lore operates in Pevek, which was founded in 1977. The museum funds contain collections of natural science materials, archaeological and ethnographic collections, as well as clothing, photo and documentary funds on the history of the region. Here you can see products of decorative and applied art, paintings and get acquainted with the flora and fauna of the East Siberian Sea. North of Pevek is Cape Shelagsky – the northernmost cape of Chukotka and the Far East. On the cape, Mount Enytkin (469 m) and Plitovaya Alley of vertical granite walls 6 meters high of unknown origin, similar to the stone structures of Stonehenge, are interesting. In winter, a lot of bears are observed near the cape.
Near the Chaunskaya Bay there is the Chaunskaya Guba nature reserve with an area of 210.5 thousand hectares. Chaun Bay is a bay of the East Siberian Sea. The depth of the bay does not exceed 20 m, with the exception of the Pevek Strait, where it reaches 31 m. The basin of the bay includes many small rivers: Pyotaipyvaam, Mlelyyn, Teyukuul, Ichuveem, Palyavaam, Chaun, Puchevei, Leluveem, Kremyanka, Ytykkuulveem, Yemykkyvyan and Rakvazan. Chaun Bay is an important wetland. The main purpose of creating the reserve was to protect the rich species diversity of birds. There are nesting and resting places for waterfowl and near-water birds such as the tundra swan, white goose, white-fronted goose, black-throated diver, eider and pink gull. The nature reserve also includes the Pytlyan mountain range (1030 m) in the western part of the Ichvuveem ridge on the right bank of the Ichvuveem River.
A little to the east along the coast on the rocks of the right bank of the Pegtymel River late Neolithic petroglyphs (1 millennium BC) were discovered – the only petroglyphs in the world in the tundra zone. 104 groups of silhouette images have been preserved on 12 rocks. These are the silhouettes of a hunter striking a deer, whale or sea otter with a spear or harpoon, dancing figures, as if overshadowed by huge mushrooms (scientists believe that these are fly agarics that have hallucinogenic properties), as well as silhouettes of shamans.
Do not forget that the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug is part of the border zone. By a decree of the governor, citizens of the Russian Federation who are not residents of the border zone (who do not have residence registration), foreign citizens and stateless persons can visit the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug only with a pass issued by the bodies and troops of the Federal Border Service of the FSB Russia on the basis of personal applications of citizens or petitions of enterprises. Tourists can obtain a pass from any authorized travel agency. To obtain a pass, citizens of Russia must submit an application indicating the last name, first name and patronymic, citizenship, date of birth, passport data, registration at the place of residence, place of work, position held, dates and purpose of entry and place of stay. The entry permit is issued within 10 days.